[CAUT] Harpsichord popping strings

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Mon Oct 11 13:46:25 MDT 2010

On Oct 11, 2010, at 1:42 PM, Paul T Williams wrote:

> You know, the action is transferable to a lower pitch.....maybe
> we've been tuning it all these years at too high of tension?????
> I'll look into that as well.

If the action is set to the left, with the spacer to the right, it is
in low pitch position. And vice versa. So if the spacer is on the
left, it should be OK at 440, but not if the spacer is on the right.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
fssturm at unm.edu
“Art is not a mirror held up to reality, but a hammer with which to
shape it.” Brecht