[CAUT] Harpsichord popping strings

Dennis Johnson johnsond at stolaf.edu
Mon Oct 11 15:20:55 MDT 2010

Hi-

That means also when you are in the 440 position key #1 uses wire #2.
Unless the builder added one more unison set at the top then last note in
the treble will not have any wire to puck so no sound.   When I first came
here the harpsichord was in the low 415 position but tuned to 440 so they
could get all the notes.  That could explain a lot.  If this is the case,
let them know that excessive tension can also cause warping and sticking
registers- or worse.

good luck,

Dennis Johnson
________