[CAUT] FW: Harpsichord popping strings

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Tue Oct 12 11:37:44 MDT 2010

Here's some photos of our Tyre'd beast.  Perhaps you educated harpsichord
folks might see something that neither I nor Richard have been able to
notice.

Paul

From:
Paul T Williams <pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu>
To:
caut at ptg.org
Date:
10/11/2010 03:41 PM
Re: [CAUT] FW:  Harpsichord popping strings

Thanks, Conrad!

I'll check them out soon. It looks like our harpsichord might be
overstrung! I'm really tired of replacing strings on this thing!

  I'm replacing out our main concert Steinway D hammers and shanks
starting Thursday morning with pre-hung NY hammers/shanks.  Never done
that before, nor used the newer Steinway hammers.  I'm a bit nervous, but
Kent Webb is going to hold my hand while prepping these things.

Please continue, folks, with the harpsichord topic!  The more the merrier!

Best as always,
Paul