[CAUT] Harpsichord popping strings

Israel Stein custos3 at comcast.net
Tue Oct 12 11:47:10 MDT 2010

Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 12:37:44 -0500 Paul T Williams <pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu>

>Here's some photos of our Tyre'd beast. Perhaps you educated harpsichord
>folks might see something that neither I nor Richard have been able to
>notice.

>Paul

Paul,

The first thing that strikes my eye are the "historical" tuning pins. I can't see where a maker who goes to this degree of "authenticity" (what Bill Dowd in his day used to call "hysterical accuracy") is going to scale the instrument to live at A=440... Or am I accusing harpsichord builders of an unrealistic degree of consistency? Hmmmm....

Israel Stein