[CAUT] cutting departments

Andrew Anderson andrew at andersonmusic.com
Wed Oct 13 07:06:44 MDT 2010

Another reason for downsizing, tied of-course to a slower market, is
that here in Texas we have to pay inventory taxes on January
renditions each year.  My market heats up in the spring so I'm getting
unsold inventory off of the floor back to the wholesaler.   It has
been a very slow market and what has sold has been well under $10G.  A
number of stores have closed extra locations and all are trimming
excess inventory.

Despite this taxing jurisdictions are increasing their levies which
demonstrates typical ignorant arrogance.  They are successfully
shrinking their tax base and may find themselves too successful
eventually.  Government beaurcrat are not accustomed to adjusting to
prevailing economics and that failure can be an economy's undoing.

Andrew Anderson