[CAUT] How long is too long?

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Wed Oct 20 14:30:23 MDT 2010

Yes, Susan, I get overly anxious about these things when so many other
things are happening at the same time.  Feltzman is at Lied next week,
using all 3 of their grands...Two B's and the D over there for master
classes, practice and performance.  There is also the student grad and
undergrad concerto competitions happening Sunday, Monday, and
Wednesday-using 2 pianos tuned together each night.  My favorite DMA
student has a performance Tuesday eve on this new Steinway project, the
same night as Feltzman. I'm not freaking out over one piano, but 6. So,
I'm not stressing out about just one performance!  You can understand the
pressure, I'm sure. It's not as bad as our Liszt Fest last spring with our
central west regional conference was happening and to top it all off, my
father in law passing away all the same week, but it's close.  This kind
of stuff happens about twice per year.  The rest of the time, I'm pretty
laid back and unstressed.

Paul