[CAUT] How long is too long?

McCoy, Alan amccoy at ewu.edu
Mon Oct 25 17:56:14 MDT 2010

Ron, 48 point? Huh? Just 12 point plain text on my machine.

Paul,

Anyway Feltsman asked for it to be a bit brighter in the mid to upper treble. I had already reshaped the top two section to get a bit more focus, but I wasn't about to add any juice. Not that these hammers would take any more juice anyway. But I did pound those hammers a bit with the back end of my weighted voicer. It brought it up a tad.

I have been wondering if he actually went out into the hall to listen. This is a 1700 seat hall with great acoustics (a wonderfully restored art deco hall). I was sitting in the loge, though there is not a bad seat in the house. So I wondered if he was concerned about cutting through the orchestra so that he could hear himself, or whether he was worried about being heard through the orchestra out in the hall (no problem with that piano in that hall).

Good luck Paul.

Alan