[CAUT] Friday puzzler: Won't play on hard blow

Michael Magness ifixpiano at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 18:39:56 MDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 1:19 PM, <reggaepass at aol.com> wrote:

>  List,
>
> The problem: There were a couple of notes that, when played really hard,
> would not speak at all (no repeated playing of the note involved).  Other
> than that, these notes work just fine.  This was something I had never seen
> before, so it took a few seconds longer than usual to figure out what was
> going wrong.  Any ideas about what it was?
>
> Have a great weekend,
>
> Alan Eder

Perhaps a somehat loose center pin in the whippen flange allowing it to flex
enough that it catches on the neighboring knuckle/whippen?
I think we are a product of all our experiences.
Sanford I. Weill<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/s/sanfordiw283095.html>

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404