[CAUT] Humidity Damage

James Patrick Draine draine at me.com
Mon Jan 3 18:00:41 MST 2011

On Jan 3, 2011, at 6:52 PM, Ed Sutton wrote:

> Patrick-
>
> What do you know about tallow buckets?

Ed, just the "passed down" traditions in PTG events. Not sure exactly who related the tale, someone like Eric Schandall, John Patton, or Scott Jones (sometime in the past decade), relating how some factory veteran quoted his old supervisor who would have somebody pick up a barrel of mutton tallow from some meat processing plant at regular intervals, for the action department. Not exactly "proof."
Oral traditions are notoriously error prone, especially with me as the last filter. Anyone else attend the classes where I heard this version? I had also heard the tallow connection as being ascribed to Fred Drasche, but I don't recall hearing those words directly from his mouth.
As for chemical analysis, maybe you should ask David Snyder; Willis and he may have had that done.

Patrick