[CAUT] Steinway verdigris

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Mon Jan 10 10:03:09 MST 2011

David, actually.  I think the experience is that rebushing does not work
because the "stuff" is in the wood and migrates back to the new bushing
cloth creating the same problem all over again.  When you go as far as
rebushing the flanges then I think you do really get to where the labor is
too high compared to the cost to replace the shank and flange (at least in
this region).  Spending 3+ hours repining a set of flanges is one thing but
it's got to be at least double that to rebush and pin, if not more.

David Love

www.davidlovepianos.com