[CAUT] How much voicing on new NY hammers/ Re-visited/WNG glue add-on!

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Fri Jan 14 14:16:11 MST 2011

Thank, Fred.

This is my final attempt on Monday.  I applied a little more action
horizontally a couple hours ago.  I noted a bit of improvement after 2
hours, but I can't say/hear for a day or so.  I'll come in Monday and see
what develops....This is the 5th time BTW.  Much too much effort for how
much they cost!  I'll try the vertical application Monday if this doesn't
work!

I love the shanks and flanges though.  Very nice!

What glue does NY use?  If nothing works, can I remove these hammers for a
new set,....hoping not to need this, but in case of the worst
scenario.....?????

On another note, You can't change anything on the WNG shanks with their
glue. It's permanent as far as I can tell.  You can "burn" the shanks in
to straighten them out, but can't remove old hammers to replace with new.
(This on another L I did last fall) Better make sure you have exactly the
correct strike point position when hanging or you're SOL!!! Only 30-45
seconds per hammer, too!! Wow, that's a fast set...I like a minute or two
like with the TiteBond moulding glue or least fav, the tite bond II.  I've
never been a fan of hide, but may try it someday....  I lucked out on the
L.  It plays and sounds wonderfully in a classroom rarely reserved on
weekends by students prior to, but now, the room is more difficult to
reserve.  Good job to WNG, and me.

Paul