[CAUT] Stuart & Son on NPR

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Tue Jan 18 12:50:31 MST 2011

On Jan 18, 2011, at 10:46 AM, David M. Porritt wrote:

> Having cared for Bosendorfer Imperials and having heard the "extra
> low notes" I know why most makers don't have them

One interesting thing that came through in the audio was the fact that
the lower notes are perceived as having a very pronounced beat, which
is the fundamental pitch: it is slow enough that we hear it as a beat.
The "pitch" we hear is composed of the partials, and whatever the
brain does to process them.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
fssturm at unm.edu