[CAUT] Stuart & Son on NPR

David M. Porritt dmporritt at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 13:16:42 MST 2011

The fundamental of the lowest note (C0) would be about 16Hz which is a pretty fast "beat". I think the perception of beats comes from all the partials making quasi-chaos.

I like the sounds of low notes (32' pipes on organs) I just don't think any piano I've heard does them justice.

dp
Sent from my BlackBerry®