[CAUT] Stuart & Son on NPR

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Tue Jan 18 21:26:47 MST 2011

On Jan 18, 2011, at 9:11 PM, Ron Nossaman wrote:

>> Could be, but that doesn't explain how putting some agraffes on a
>> standard bridge makes _those_ unisons sustain so much better than the
>> standard neighbors, as in the Baldwin retrofit shown I think at Grand
>> Rapids. Or did that other list address that seeming magic as well?
>> Regards,
>> Fred Sturm
>
> I haven't seen, heard, nor heard of that one. Odd that it hasn't
> been mentioned before now. I've apparently missed something.
> Ron N

It was part of the large display, including Steingraebers with and
without carbon fiber boards. A used Baldwin in the mix featured about
a one octave retrofit in the octave 5 - 6 area. It was quite striking
in contrast to the non-retrofit notes. I thought it sounded like a
Wapin job on steroids. Supposedly retrofit kits were to be sold,
probably with licensing. The US distributor was to be Atlantic Music
in Florida. Nothing much seems to have happened since.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
fssturm at unm.edu
http://www.youtube.com/fredsturm