[CAUT] Bechstein agraffe question

Allan Gilreath, RPT allangilreath at bellsouth.net
Wed Jan 19 15:50:45 MST 2011

Good evening Lewis,

The special agraffes are offset to allow proper strikepoint since the
agraffes you're describing go all the way to the top. A regular agraffe
in this section would necessitate the hammer striking too far from the
end of the speaking length.  There are two versions of those with the
threads offset by 180º. The threading for the special high treble
agraffes is 5.65mm x 33 thread. Current production uses a capo bar
system in the treble.

The regular Bechstein agraffes are 6.65mm x 33 thread. Also note that
the C. Bechstein model C & model D also use a special width trichord
agraffe.

Allan
Allan Gilreath, RPT
Registered Piano Technician

Service Consultant - Bechstein America, LLC
website - www.bechstein.com <http://www.allangilreath.com>
email - bechstein at allangilreath.com <mailto:allan at allangilreath.com>
phone - 706 602-7667