[CAUT] Bechstein agraffe question

lewis Newman musicbased at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jan 19 16:16:11 MST 2011

Thats great, I see now.

Thanks Allan and Mario!

Lewis.

________________________________
From: "Allan Gilreath, RPT" <allangilreath at bellsouth.net>
To: caut at ptg.org
Sent: Wed, 19 January, 2011 22:50:45
Subject: Re: [CAUT] Bechstein agraffe question

Good evening Lewis,

The special agraffes are offset to allow proper strikepoint since     the
agraffes you're describing go all the way to the top. A regular     agraffe in
this section would necessitate the hammer striking too     far from the end of
the speaking length.  There are two versions of     those with the threads
offset by 180º. The threading for the special     high treble agraffes is 5.65mm
x 33 thread. Current production uses     a capo bar system in the treble.

The regular Bechstein agraffes are 6.65mm x 33 thread. Also note     that the C.
Bechstein model C & model D also use a special width     trichord agraffe.

Allan
Allan Gilreath, RPT
Registered Piano Technician

Service Consultant - Bechstein America, LLC
website - www.bechstein.com
email - bechstein at allangilreath.com
phone - 706 602-7667

Hello there, long time lurker here!