[CAUT] String breakage

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Mon Jan 31 13:51:13 MST 2011

In spite of the fact that it's not an old clunker I would have to agree that
I would be suspicious of the friction issue between the tuning pin and the
agraffe, which means that counterbearing felt.  I would lube the felt and
string with Protek as advised and employ a hammer method that doesn't cause
the pitch to rise above the target pitch to insure that the tension in the
first segment is not raised beyond what is necessary to raise the pitch.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com