[CAUT] Prepared pianos

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Mon Jan 31 19:05:45 MST 2011

Ron,

I agree. It's hard to teach respect when this professor is espousing his "anything should be allowed for the sake of composition" rhetoric. When I show the discolored strings it's "next time we'll have them wash their hands." Oh well, maybe I should just ask for $1,500.00 to restring the Bosendorfer. Money tends to talk loudly.

Jim

Seems to me the message ought to be "This is not your piano to deface or
damage on your whim", however obtusely and inoffensively worded. People
may indeed be unaware of the potential for damage (however uncommon
sense may be), but they all should have at least been taught some
respect for the considerably expensive property of others.

That's all I wanted. Back to the cheap seats.
Ron N