[CAUT] Prepared pianos

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Mon Jan 31 21:23:27 MST 2011

On 1/31/2011 8:05 PM, Jim Busby wrote:
> Ron,
>
> I agree. It's hard to teach respect when this professor is espousing
> his "anything should be allowed for the sake of composition"
> rhetoric.

A very common attitude when someone else is picking up the tab.

>When I show the discolored strings it's "next time we'll
> have them wash their hands."

Great idea, but this time, we'll replace the damaged strings at their
expense.

>Oh well, maybe I should just ask for
> $1,500.00 to restring the Bosendorfer. Money tends to talk loudly.

And should. As always, the hard part is getting the proper information
to all concerned, before the fact, so everyone knows who's responsible
and accountable for what. If it's destructive of someone else's
property, it ain't art unless the artist pays to fix it afterward.
Property owners understand this. "Artists" too often don't.
Ron N