[CAUT] Sharp Keystick Touch-Up

Paul Milesi paul at pmpiano.com
Mon Jul 18 08:22:22 MDT 2011

I have many pianos at the school that need extensive touch-up of the black
paint on the keysticks of sharps -- more extensive than can probably be done
efficiently and easily with a Sharpie I think.  What are the best techniques
and materials for re-applying paint or other black substance to the
keysticks?  Best paint and source?  Should I mask off the sharps?  Spray vs
brush or other applicators?

Many are Steinway and Baldwin grands, some nice pianos, so I'd like to do a
good, clean job here.  Thanks for any advice.
--
Paul Milesi
Staff Piano Technician