[CAUT] [pianotech] Sharp Keystick Touch-Up

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Mon Jul 18 09:35:15 MDT 2011

Fiebing's USMC Black Leather Dye.
>From Tandy Leather Store or piano tech. supply houses.
Apply with a flat watercolor brush, 1/2 or 3/4 inch, cheap ones from craft
stores.
Paint in place if you're really good with a brush; if not, pull the
keysticks.
It dries very quickly.

While you're at it, you may want to clean the sides of the naturals for a
spiffy upgrade. Cory Coconut cleaner is one way to go, scrubbing lightly
with scotch brite or a kitchen scrubber, then wiping with a towel. Clean the
keytops and adjacent case parts, too.

People will notice.

Ed Sutton