[CAUT] Lever Arm Ratio

Bob Hull hullfam5 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 9 19:57:29 MDT 2012

Hi All!  In measuring a key for the ratio between front lever arm and rear lever arm,  I am measuring from the front of the key and the back end of the key to the capstan.  However, if the capstan is angled (1927 Steinway M) then, does the measurement need to account for the offset created by the angled capstan.  In other words, is the length of the lever determined by the point on the top of the key at the capstan point of contact with the key or the distance from the key end to the contact point with the wippen heel?

I am taking these measurements to give to WN&G for the building of a new top action stack.

Thanks,

Bob Hull