[CAUT] 70's St. B strike point

Rob Loomis rkloomis at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 14 10:35:13 MDT 2012

I understand that the strike 'line' in this piano should probably be an arc. The capo certainly is. Referencing a straight line from note # 52 - #88 - the capo arcs out 10 mm. at note #69.

It's the placement of note #72 that I'm really searching for. I have the WN&G tool and I've moved the hammers in and out to find the right spot. My ear agrees with their tool.

Assuming I bore as usual and don't rake the hammers, if I were to hang hammers #72 & #88 = 5 1/8" out from the flange center, put in the bass end block, then pull the treble end of the keyframe out until #72 is correct, then the treble end of the keyframe is 6 mm. proximal of the proximal edge of the keybed and hammer #88 is 2mm. closer to the capo than it should be.

Any guidance?

many thanks!

Rob Loomis