AWOL from AOL Discussion

Ron Torrella torrella@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Mon, 17 Oct 1994 07:24:23 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 17 Oct 1994 BarrettT@aol.com wrote:

> AOL works fine for me. They are sending out a new version of their software
> to all members. Hopefully some of the software bugs mentioned on Pianotech
> will get the swat.

Let's hope they *do* sold their software problems--whatever the heck they
are!

> Someday I'll really get into sensitive territory by asking - What kind of
> paint do you use to spay piano plates? How do you match the color, prepare
> the surface ?

You just asked....

We'vve used Star's 1528 Piano Gold with pretty good results.  Also Raabe
Auto Touch-up (buckskin-colored).  In the days before enlightenment
(around here) we used Ace Hardware Premium Enamel Antique Gold.

I *really* hate spraying plates, though.  It'll be a cold day....the next
time I actually do it myself!

Ron Torrella
University of Illinois