You won't believe this!

Ron Torrella torrella@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Tue, 13 Sep 1994 16:57:06 -0500 (CDT)

Danny,

Yours isn't the first discovery of Kawai Intelligence.  I became
acquinted with their lack of the gray stuff several years ago when I
attempted to replace a stripped fallboard screw--a machine screw, the one
that keeps the fallboard from flying off when someone plays the Chopin
A-flat Polonaise.  I called and asked for that specific screw (they had some
long, fancy name for it) which they promptly sent.  It was a wood screw.

When I called and asked if they really expected me to try driving a wood
screw into a machine-threaded hole, they acted like deer in headlights!
They couldn't figure out what the heck a machine screw was!!!  In the
end, they send (no kidding) a *box* full of little bitty packages of--
you guessed it!--wood screws!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

Ron Torrella
University of Illinois