Accutuners -Reply

reevesj@BYUGATE.BYU.EDU reevesj@BYUGATE.BYU.EDU
Wed, 14 Sep 1994 11:49:47 -0700

who take pride in never having dissatisfied customers.  And
considering how unlikely it is that I shall ever have a customer with
higher tuning standards than my own, this is simply not a problem.

Dennis Johnson
St. Olaf College

Every once-in-a-while someone says something that I write down and
hang on the board in front of my desk until it is memorized or
internalized.  There is one there now that says "take no offense
where none is intended" that I got from another list that I'm
subscribed to.

A recent customer wanted to know how long my tunings are guaranteed
for which brought up something from a PTG seminar class, that tuning
is like getting your carpet cleaned.  There is no way to guarantee
how long it will stay clean, only that it is clean right now.  That
explained the problem in a way that she could understand it, because
very few understand why pianos go out of tune, but everyone knows why
their carpet gets dirty.

Dennis's comment that he never expects to work for someone with
higher tuning standards than his own is another gem worth memorizing.
Thanks, Dennis.

Jack Reeves, BYU