Digital Keyboards

Danny Boone Danny_Boone@BAYLOR.EDU
Thu, 29 Sep 1994 08:36:39 -0600

Paul:

The chairman of the Keyboard Division of the School of Music here at Baylor
shares the following information:
-------------------------
Please forward my reply to Mr. Kupelian.
Baylor University purchased a new keyboard lab during the 1989 - 90 academic
year.  After looking at all of the brands of instruments that you mentioned,
we chose Yamaha Clavinova CLP - 350's.  We chose this instrument over a Roland
digital keyboard in the HP series mainly because the touch and weighted key
action and tonal response on the Yamaha was more comparable to that of an
acoustic piano than that of the Roland keyboard.  The touch on the Roland
instrument in our price range seemed on the "spongy" side.  We have had
excellent service from our Yamahas.  The only negative that I am aware of is
that the sampling tends to be a bit uneven, which I did not notice at the time
of purchase.  However, our level of satisfaction with these instruments is
high.  The manufacturer support has been excellent - two representatives from
the headquarters in California stopped by to check on our installation and
seemed very open to our suggestions about these Clavinovas.

Dr. James Williams