New Piano Page

John W. McKone mckonejw@skypoint.com
Wed, 05 Apr 1995 09:42:28 -0500

>        Forgive my slowness, but would this new page be as easy to access
>as our current server? It is hard to imagine anything easier than the type
>of system we have set up currently, and I for one have come to appreciate
>that convience. Would this still work with Eudora, for example?  Thanks.
>

>Dennis Johnson
>St.Olaf College
>johnsond@stolaf.edu

Dennis;

The page would only be viewable by a web browser of some sort (not Eudora).
Something like Netscape or Mosaic.  If You haven't explored the World Wide
Web yet I reccomend that you do. (I'll bet St. Olaf has access - if not
I'll be happy to show you from my machine)
The web really is the wave of the future on the net.

I don't think the idea here is to in any way replace the mail group with
the web page.  The page would be a more a static reference source and PTG
presence.  This group is a much better format for interactive discussion.

The piano page as Ron Berry has constructed it, is mostly a public
resource.  As it grows, I can certainly see it also performing as a "home"
for our community as well.  The graphical interface of the web presents
lots of possibilities for different types of interaction. (anyone else
agree?)

John McKone