New Piano Page

Ron Berry ronberry@iquest.net
Wed, 05 Apr 1995 10:10 -0500 (EST)

>        Forgive my slowness, but would this new page be as easy to access
>as our current server? It is hard to imagine anything easier than the type
>of system we have set up currently, and I for one have come to appreciate
>that convience. Would this still work with Eudora, for example?  Thanks.
>

>Dennis Johnson
>St.Olaf College
>johnsond@stolaf.edu

The Piano Page would be a different animal than this list.  It doesn't
really use email at all.  It  can be accessed through a Unix shell account
using lynx although it won't look as good because it won't have the graphic
elements.  With browser such as mosaic or netscape it will be a page where
you just click on what you are interested in much like a windows help file.
The difference is that some of the links are to files that are part of the
page and some are to other computers with other information.

This page is more for the general public to become aware of pianos and PTG
and service information.   It will make our information accessible to
anyone.  The Web is a fairly new part of the Internet so there aren't vast
numbers of people but because it is so easy to use, it will be the part of
the Internet that takes over.  From it you can access all other parts of the
Internet, (Mail, FTP, Gopher, Telnet, Usenet groups).  Thus  one program
does it all.  Those of us on PCs at home need a SLIP connection to the
Internet, those of you on UNIX systems probably already have lynx available
to access it.

Ron
Ron Berry
ronberry@iquest.net

Collect 1000 of these signatures and win a free trip to Cyberspace!!