New Piano Page

John Musselwhite musselj@cadvision.com
Wed, 05 Apr 1995 09:54:57 -0600

>The web really is the wave of the future on the net.

My 78 year old mother, who was always afraid of computers, was so taken by
the Web she may buy her own computer just for that. It is the wave of the
future PERIOD.  <g>

>The piano page as Ron Berry has constructed it, is mostly a public
>resource.  As it grows, I can certainly see it also performing as a "home"
>for our community as well.  The graphical interface of the web presents
>lots of possibilities for different types of interaction. (anyone else
>agree?)

Of course!  There are so many possibilities with a web presence that it
boggles the mind. Not only can we put up our own relevant stuff, but the hot
links provide instant access to many related topics that we can't really
touch. It would be great if people could look up the PTG and then instantly
link to the home page of their local chapter for local information.

A couple of years ago the PTG computer communications committee was talking
about Compuserve and how it would be great for the PTG.  With internet
access costing less in most cases than Compu$erve it's becoming the logical
place for us to spend our money and energies.

                John
John Musselwhite, RPT               Calgary, Alberta Canada
musselj@cadvision.com       john.musselwhite@67.cambo.cuug.ab.ca