ear plugs

Israel Stein istein@world.std.com
Fri, 07 Apr 1995 00:13:17 +0059 (EDT)

Several years ago we had a professional audiologist speak at a PTG Boston
Chapter meeting. He had actually made a study of the decibel levels
generated by piano tuning and his conclusion was that the constant
exposure to test blow  decibel levels will cause hearing loss over time.
The sensitivity to higher frequencies is most easily damaged. He
recommended ear protection. I don't remember his name or the numbers he
cited but he was very emphatic about the actual physical damage that we
cause to ourselves.

Israel Stein