ear plugs

John Minor jminor@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Thu, 06 Apr 1995 16:02:27 -0500

On Thu, 6 Apr 1995 mark.stivers@24stex.com wrote:

> I'm all for protecting our hearing. But if the piano is that loud, shouldn't we
> protect EVERYBODY'S hearing by making it softer? Incidentally, I once talked to
> a professional audiologist and she told me that she didn't see any reason why a
> piano should damage anyone's hearing.
>
> Mark Stivers

Mark: Did she understand that we listen for periods of over an hour at
a time, and several times a day? I'm not sure what the decibel rating
is on the average piano, but it might be interesting to check a few to
see. I may do just that in the next few days, just to satisfy my curiosity!

John Minor
University of Illinois
jminor@uiuc.edu