David Porritt dporritt@sun.cis.smu.edu
Tue, 11 Apr 1995 19:06:19 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 11 Apr 1995 drose@microcity.com wrote:

> Another expression is "The lights are on, but Nobody is home."
>
> I am really enjoying pianotech. I have found some of the information
> very useful.
>
> Question re: hammer softener liquids
>
> How much and where does one apply the active agent.
>
> Thanks very much. drose@microcity.com (Don Rose Piano Tuning RPT)

The answer to that is probably different for everyone.  I like putting it
on the striking surface so it doesn't penetrate very deeply.  My goal is
always a hard core and a soft surface.  That way a hard blow punches
through the soft felt and gives a bright forte.  A light blow gives a
darker color.  Certainly many would disagree with me.

Dave Porritt, RPT
SMU - Dallas