Vince Mrykalo REEVESJ@ucs.byu.edu
Thu, 13 Apr 1995 13:13:06 -0600 (MST7MDT)

> Date:          Tue, 11 Apr 1995 17:35:35 -0600 (MDT)
> From:          drose@microcity.com
> Subject:       Home
> To:            Multiple recipients of list <pianotech@byu.edu>

> Question re: hammer softener liquids
>
> How much and where does one apply the active agent.
>
> Thanks very much. drose@microcity.com (Don Rose Piano Tuning RPT)

Don,
First of all, the hammer softening solution I use is the one
mentioned previously, and which I got from Nick Gravagne, 7parts
alcohol/1 part liquid fabric softener.  I apply the solution with a
paint brush onto the shoulders, about where you would normally
needle.  The solution only goes as far in toward the crown as you
would needle.  Then I put a small amount over the crown.  After this
sets overnight, I reshape.
I put enough on to the shoulders that the solution soaks in pretty
close to the molding.

---
Vince Mrykalo