I could write a book

Paul Kupelian kupelian@Oswego.Oswego.EDU
Thu, 13 Apr 1995 15:27:59 -0400 (EDT)

Under the title of "Stories to make your hair curl"

Story #1 I just finished a rebuild on a Steinway "B" that is used in one of
our large choral rehearsal/classroom.

Not two weeks after the piano was put back in service, I greet one of the
professors who tells me "you won't believe what happened."  Well you can
just imagine all the horrible thoughts that are running through my mind.

  Then he sheepishly begins to tell me how he had a sack of peanuts on
the music desk during rehearsal and got mad at one section for not making a
proper entrance. His arm went flying into the bag of peanuts spilling
them into the high treble end all over the hammers and action.  After
about 15 minutes of cleaning and vacuuming, I think I finally got them
all out (although there may be one or two of the little rascals under the
plate.)

Story #2.  This morning I came into work and received a note that a pager
had fallen in behind the fallboard at a rehearsal last night.
Fortunately, the people in charge said to wait until the piano technician
came in to try and extract it.

I'm just waiting for the next episode to happen.  Shuddddddderrrr.