New kid

Ron Berry ronberry@iquest.net
Fri, 14 Apr 1995 11:24 -0500 (EST)

>As this is my first attempt to log into pianotech, let me first say hey!  I
have
>already received valuable info so thanks to all on line.   Starting questions
>are: should I be charged $.10 for each message?  All of the messages come
>postage due.  Is this normal as I am on Compuserve?

Larry,

You are not necessarily being charged for each message.  With you monthly
fee of $9.95 you get an allowance for about 90 messages a month.  Any time
you send mail it goes against this.  If you receive mail from a compuserve
address it doesn't count.  If you receive mail from the Internet it counts
against you allotment.  It will depend you much you use your mail.  I fairly
sure that you can subscribe to pianotech as a digest.  Then you get the
whole days mail in one big file.  They will charge you some extra because it
will be bigger than most e-mail but it may be less than paying for each
letter.

The only disadvantage of the digest version is that you can't just hit your
"reply" button to reply.  If you are responding to pianotech you can just
have that address in your address book.  If you are responding to someone
else.  You can highlight the return address and then copy it to the
clipboard and then paste it in a new message.

Glad to see that you go subscribed.  We have a good time here and lots of
good discussion.

-Ron
Ron Berry
ronberry@iquest.net

Collect 1000 of these signatures and win a free trip to Cyberspace!!