Hammers for C5?

Ron Torrella torrella@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Wed, 19 Apr 1995 08:41:05 -0500

On Tue, 18 Apr 1995, Vince Mrykalo wrote:

> > Date:          Tue, 18 Apr 1995 18:26:45 -0600 (MDT)
> > From:          merrell@netnet.net (Ken Merrell)
> > Subject:       Hammers for C5?
> > To:            Multiple recipients of list <pianotech@byu.edu>
>
> > I have 6 Yamaha C5s that are ready for new hammers. Does anyone have a
> > suggestion as to hammers that will work well on the C5s.  These pianos are 4
> > years old and get played 10 to 12 hours a day.  My main problem with the
> > Yamaha hammers (besides they are worn out) was keeping them voiced down.
> > Any suggestions would be great.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ken Merrell, RPT
> >
> Ken,
> I find that on Japanese and European pianos, renner blues work very
> well.

Can't resist...how about some circa 1980s Steinway hammers?  They're
practically sweaters, they're so soft. :=)
(Apologies to Steinway purists...)

Ron Torrella               "Ideal conversation must be an exchange of thought,
School of Music           and not, as many of those who worry most about their
University of Illinois    shortcomings believe, an eloquent exhibition of wit
                    or oratory." -- Emily Post, Etiquette