Hammers for C5?

John W. McKone mckonejw@skypoint.com
Thu, 20 Apr 1995 21:34:49 -0500

>        This discussion of hammers for a Yamaha is quite interesting and
>appropriate for me as well, since I'm beginning work soon on that water
>damaged Yamaha from previous discussion (thank you to all who responded
>back then, I was reassured to proceed). I don't see many new Yamahas, are
>the shanks and flanges consistently good now?

Yes.

I work on a fair amount of new Yamis out of the box, and their consistency
and quality control really are quite amazing.  If you haven't worked on new
Yamahas in the last couple of years, I think you'll be pleasantly
surprised.

I've only done a few replacement sets with their hammers, (we usually stick
with Renner Blues) but the ones I have done have turned out well.