Current topics: Comments

MR GARRET E TRAYLOR TYLT35A@prodigy.com
Sun, 23 Apr 1995 19:02:09 -0400 (EDT)

Reguarding Samic and the Kohler & Campbell 7' pianos. I have
experienced string breakage;the same strings are breaking
even while tuning.  Richard Elrod believes that the Korean
wire can't handle church abuse .  He sent a complete
replacement from Mapes for the church. If we find that the
breakage persists we will special order a larger diameter
core for that specific string.

With respect to a listing of technicians on the web. Any
technician should have the right to choose to have their
address phone ect. on the www. (The issue should be decided
by consensus--the Guild as a whole). The public should have
access to the technicians who choose to be on that list.
(Many techs. in our area do not spend money on yellow
page...some of the business/company names' begin with a
letter somewhere in the middle of the alaphabet and do not
find tremendous response with the ads) Refferals wether by
word of mouth or on the web should be welcome!!! Hey... What
about your piano program at your uiversity, college,
rebuilding shop or private business. If properly set up...
valuable information could be seen by anyone who wishes to
view thru this public domain.
Sincerely,
Garret Traylor

"One who does not read..has no advantage over one who does."