Finding the archives -Forwarded

Jack Reeves reevesj@BYUGATE.byu.edu
Wed, 26 Apr 1995 09:22:25 -0700

      Date:  04/24/1995  10:42 am  (Monday)
      From:  Jack Reeves
        To:  in:listserv@byu.edu
   Subject:  Finding the archives

Acs2 in the server at BYU that handles the listserv.  I used to be
ucs2, but that server was shut down, and all of its functions were
assigned elsewhere.  Acs2 sets up an archive and all pianotech
messages are saved there.  When that archive is full, the file is
compressed, and a new archive is started.  The gopher can find
the current archive, and that can be accessed from the www
page, but for some reason not yet understood, it can't find the
compressed files.  The computer support people say the files
are saved, but we are in final exams now and graduation is this
Thursday and Friday, and pianotech is not the high priority item
right now.  Until the gopher problem is fixed, access the archives
through the list.  Use the <index> command to get a list of the
archives, and the <get> command to retrieve the specific files
needed.  If you need more info than that tell listserv help index or
help get and it will send detailed instructions about those two
commands.  As soon as the gopher problem is fixed, you will be
able to access all the compressed archives as easily as the
current one.

Jack
jack_reeves@byu.edu