Rail Cloth

Steve Brady sbrady@u.washington.edu
Wed, 26 Apr 1995 15:25:47 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 26 Apr 1995, Dennis Johnson wrote:

>         I urge you to try using nothing. I quit using rail felt a few years
> ago and am convinced that it is not needed. The rail will stay cleaner and
> look better, and the flanges will seat just as well, if not better. It also
> makes future regulation of hammer traveling more pleasant.

      I second this motion. It also helps make hammer *spacing* more
stable, especially when you space by cross-papering the corners of the
flange.

Steve Brady, RPT        "The most expert and rapid tuners are...
University of Washington       possessed of a highly excitable,
sbrady@u.washington.edu        nervous, and emotional temperament,
                         verging on the border of insanity at times."
                              -Daniel Spillane, The Tuner's Guide