Rail Cloth

phillip c sloffer psloffer@indiana.edu
Thu, 27 Apr 1995 05:16:13 -0500 (EST)

Hi All

On Tue, 25 Apr 1995 Yardbird47@aol.com wrote:

> What do you folks use to replace the cloth on a Steinway grand action hammer
> rail.
>
> Bill Ballard RPT    "When we hear talk of violence, we must speak up
> NH Chapter               against it."   Pres Clinton in Oklahoma City, 4/23

Well here at IU we use sandpaper.  In fact the stuff we use comes in a
roll about 1 inch wide, has a cloth backing and is used by plumbers to
ruff up fittings for soldering.  We tear it length wise to get the right
width and after marking the screw holes, we use an old paper punch to
make the screw hole thru the sandpaper.  Once the flanges are in place
they will not move and that is what we want.

Later,
-Phil

+  Phil Sloffer         +
+  psloffer@indiana.edu +