String breaking

Yardbird47@aol.com Yardbird47@aol.com
Thu, 30 Nov 1995 23:04:50 -0500

John Hartman rote, 11/19:
<<Tuning to A440 is likely the cause of the string breakage. This problem is
indicated if you find the problem is mostly in the left halve of the
keyboard.>>

Reminds me of the NH Chapter's "Stunt Piano",  a cheap maladie  gran (or was
it gran mal) spinet which we used for a banquet night skit at the '78 NE
Regional Seminar. We didn't start breaking strings until about a M6th down
from A3.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter

"You won't see Mac users lining up at midnight to make their machines run
more like PCs running windows" LetEd 12/95 MacUser Mag