Pricing Policies

Scott Thile sethile@msumusik.mursuky.edu
Tue, 05 Dec 1995 08:57:46 -0700 (MST)

Avery Todd writes:

>Can anyone explain why some tuners charge more for tuning a
>grand than a vertical? I'll admit I have never understood that either, unless
>it's a "if they have a grand, they can afford more" syndrome.

I have always charged the same for verticals and grands, but more
than one colleague has explained they charged more for grands because
they routinely do more than just tune grands.  Many clients with grands
demand a higher level of service, so some techs just include this in
the basic tuning fee rather than billing extra for it.

Scott
Scott E. Thile, RPT
Piano-Instrument Technician
Department of Music,Murray State University
P.O. Box 9, Murray, KY 42071, Ph:  502-762-4396
Email:  sethile@msumusik.mursuky.edu