Re Why PTG Politics on Pian

Kenneth Sloane Kenneth_Sloane@qmgate.cc.oberlin.edu
Tue, 05 Dec 1995 11:04:50 -0400

                      Subject:                              Time:  11:51 AM
  OFFICE MEMO         Re Why PTG Politics on Pianotech      Date:  12/5/95

-------------------ORIGINAL POST--------------------

It seems to me that PTG organizational matters might find less resistance on
Pianotech if the postings focused on issues, rather than mudslinging.
Rational,
respectful debate of issues can enlighten and mutually benefit all sides,
whereas mudslinging and rumor spreading is designed to damage and discredit
individuals; this obscures the issues and irritates readers.

Bill Spurlock

I agree with you wholeheartedly, Bill; but political differences create
emotional situations for certain people -- it's the stuff that wars are made
of. I don't think we can expect mudslinging not to occur on Pianotech if the
internal politics of PTG are discussed thereon. Ergo, PTG should have its own
electronic forum. Even it is a bit pricey, I bet the communication that could
occur between Annual Councils would justify the cost.

Ken Sloane, Oberlin Conservatory