Key pin friction

Rick.Florence@ASU.Edu Rick.Florence@ASU.Edu
Wed, 06 Dec 1995 18:12:00 -0700

>        Rick: This happens not just on Kluge keys, but it is more
>noticeable on keys I've rebushed using top quality felt and hide glue. I
>wonder if it could have something to do with hide glue creeping through
>the felt. Does Kluge use hide glue on its bushings?

John,

Kluge doesn't use hide glue.  I believe that it is some sort of heat
activated glue that is pre-applied to the felt.  I have no idea what the
formula is.

Another thought.  What formula of McLube are you using?  The old 1725
formula works well but the new *environmentally friendly* 1725L tends to
gum up after a while.  I've had this happen to me a few times.  I was
talking to Rick Baldassin and he mentioned that he sent all his 1725L back
and was trying to get the old stuff again.  I still have some of the
original formula so I have not tried to exchange the 1725L.  Has anyone out
there done this?

----
Rick Florence, Piano Technician
 Arizona State University School of Music
 Rick.Florence@ASU.Edu