one way traffic

Andrew M. Rudoff andy@rudoff.com
Sun, 10 Dec 1995 07:38:13 -0700

>Apparently, I can send to PTech, but for the last few days it hasn't been
>broadcasting back to me. Is anyone else having this problem? (Actually, I'd
>appreciate a peep just to know that I'm still being received...)

Sometimes the software that runs a mailing list will unsubscribe people
automatically when it detects a bad email address.  A transient problem
with your email address, such as a full AOL mailbox, can cause this to
happen.  To check to see if you are still on the list, send mail to:

      listserv@byu.edu

With no subject line and a single line in the message like this:

review pianotech

And the complete list of subscribers will be sent back to you.

After sending this message myself, I don't see "Yardbird47@aol.com" on
the list I got back.  So bill, you will need to re-subscribe.  To do this,
send a message to listserv@byu.edu, containing the line:

subscribe pianotech <your name>

And, while I'm at it, the way you get off the list is to send the line:

unsubscribe pianotech

If you ever forget how to do these things, just send the word "help"
to listserv@byu.edu and it will send you a message explaining what
the various commands are.  (So the one thing you'll need to remember
is the address "listserv@byu.edu" so write it on a little yellow sticky
and stick it to the side of your monitor or something.)

If you've missed some of the pianotech discussion, you can read the archives
by pointing your web browser at the excellent "PTG Home Page" located at:

      http://www.prairienet.org/arts/ptg/homepage.html

(If you don't know what the web is, or how to browse it, send me mail
privately and I'll try to help you out.)

-andy