We, the endangered - Get Involved

RndyPotter@aol.com RndyPotter@aol.com
Sun, 10 Dec 1995 22:58:48 -0500

  Everyone, who wrote about it, seems to think the supposedly great pianist
did a disservice to our profession with the article Scientific American
published.

  So, which of you wrote SA back, and informed them that . . . (all of the
thoughts you expressed in the letters you sent to this pianotech list) . . .
  and which of you pointed out to them that the article seems to have been
nothing but pure SUBjective emotional drivel?

  If this article goes unchallenged, and unnoticed, everyone who read it will
get the idea that he was right!
  And then, next thing you know it, Reader's Digest will be re-printing it.
  And then, RD will make it available in their "An Article A Day" reprint
series.
  And then, like anything else; a lie repeated often enough is considered to
be true.

  So, what you gonna do about it?

  (No, I don't read SA. And seems to me I don't have much reason to start,
either.)

Randy Potter, R.P.T.