Wurlitzer Bass string breakage.

AlanL27@aol.com AlanL27@aol.com
Mon, 11 Dec 1995 19:12:52 -0500

I recently got a call to replace a bass string on a Wurlitzer Studio at a
High School.
I attempted to replace it with a universal bass string.  I measured the
string with my Micrometer and with a string gauge.  I then proceeded to
replace the string.  I pulled the string up to tension and as I when I did a
test blow to make use I got the pin set,  The new string broke.  I tried
again, remeasured to be sure I didn't make a mistake and then I used a 1/2
size larger string ( because I was out of the other size.)  The second string
broke also.  I have never had this type of problem installing a universal
bass string before. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Alan Ladd
Anderson SC