Need Kranich & Bach parts

AlanL27@aol.com AlanL27@aol.com
Mon, 11 Dec 1995 19:03:54 -0500

I did an experiment on a Kranich and Bach recently.  I found you can use old
style Steinway wippens to replace the broken wippens. However, you have to
cut the wippen down by about a 1/2 in. The way I did this is to use a wippen
in fairly good shape to pinpoint the location of the new flange hole, which
must be drilled.  Then after marking the new wippen with the shape it is to
be modified to, I carefully sanded the wippen to the new diminsions using a
Dremel tool. I have had rather good success with this.
I would recommend trying it on only one wippen first to see if you can get a
good fit.
I hope this helps.

Alan Ladd